Monday, April 15, 2013

Ain't That A Kick In The Throat


It's a good thing steel-toed boots aren't fashionable for babies, or else I'd need a new wind pipe. Lee just ninja'd my neck full-force. This was a first, foot-to-throat action, though he's no stranger to givin' mama the boot... One place he's fond of kicking is my uterus-ovaries zone, which has me wondering if he might be trying to tell me he wants to be an only child. He does this when I sleep-nurse him, until he settles down and just goes with the flow (pardon the pun). Gotta say, kicks were more bearable when coming from the inside (and my baby wasn't a hefty 15 pounds!).

All jokes aside, the kicking is a good sign. It means Lee's strengthening the muscles in his legs and feet so he can use them to walk. And speaking of walking, he totally wants to and believes that he can, it's adorable; he stands with my support and looks beyond thrilled, then paws the ground and expects to just magically start walking, and when nothing happens he looks slightly perplexed then plops down onto his (cute, cute) little butt. I actually dreamed recently that he could walk at this age, it was quite funny to see him that tiny and ambulatory.

But, yeah, what a relief glad babies don't walk this young.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment